Thursday, September 29, 2011

I am All Smiles...

“I am all smiles...”, this was the status of a friend of mine on a social networking site a few days ago. Several comments, as usual. But what I want to know is upto what extent? Every body has one or the other problem every day, some big ones, some small ones, so why this overstatement? Another very common misnomer is “I am fine, thank you”. Whenever you ask any person, how he/she is, almost unanimously you get the above statement in reply.

What an irony. There is hardly anyone who actually wants to share his griefs with anybody, may be except for a few very close persons. What does this imply? Are we living in a world full of disbelief? Have we lost our credibility as a good friend? In my previous post I discussed about “managed friends” on social networking sites. I have seen people with more than 500 friends (some of them are in my own friends list) !!! May I ask how many of them are actually the oes with whom you can share your joys and sorrows? In my opinion, they are mostly the ones with whom you'd like to share some accomplishments and want them as audience. I know, some of you may object saying that they are 'networks' and are meant to be like that. Then my question is have we become so selfish that we keep 'contact' with someone only because she/he is/will be useful for us???

An arrogance inside some will say, “Hey, do you think I am an idiot?? Who the hell are you to comment on my thinking?”. They are right I am no one. But consider it as a simple problem, 'we want a clean, friendly society, but considering above situations, are we moving towards or away from one???'

Food for thought...

P.S. : As I always say, these are my views and you are free to object.

- Crazy Mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment