Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Luck, Fate, Destiny...

'Luck', 'fate', 'destiny'... these are three common words which we use in everyday life. Although they have a similar meaning, they are not exactly the same. 'Luck' stands for 'the chance happening of fortunate or adverse events'; 'fate' is the 'force behind such chances' and 'destiny' stands for 'a predetermined course of events considered as something beyond human power or control'.

Here in India, people are specially concerned about these things. Right from the birth of a child, parents and other family members are anxious to know about the future of the child. A horoscope is made instantly by consulting best possible authority within their reach. Later on (may be in next post) I will tell you a story of a boy who went against whatever his so called fate. But for the time being, let us concentrate on the obsession with future.

Horoscope, as most of you might be knowing, is made considering the celestial positions at the time of birth. It is said that the positions of celestial objects at the time of birth determine the future of the child! Question: Do I believe? Ans. No. Question: Do I disbelieve? Ans. No. It might seem a little confusing to you, but yes I said so because I have good reasons for it, the main being the method by which science works. According to science, we can believe what has been proven in controlled conditions and we can disbelieve what has been disproved in controlled conditions. Rest you are free to think, analyze and form our views.

I have no doubt whatsoever in the understanding of astronomy and celestial positions. My doubt lies in how they are correlating celestial event to the human lives which is, to the most of part, uncertain??? I have seen people claiming that they can even tell what will happen and when will that 'what' happen and that includes, believe it or not, the timing of death. I am pretty sure that those crooks don't even know their own time of death. Remember Tenaliraman and his experiment with the death timing of an astrologer? I believe similar condition with most of the astrologers. Although I have personal experience with some astrologers telling remarkably true things (at least people think so). Then again, on the second thought, all their predictions seem vague and I feel people put meanings to those predictions themselves.

Again, I had most remarkable experience when I was traveling to Chennai by train and was engaged into conversation with a fellow traveler. He was from Chennai and was going home in vacations. He told me about some relations between genetics and astrology. I don't remember precisely what he said as it was almost 3 years ago, but that day I got an insight to the possible scientific explanation of astrology.

I just hope that someone finds that out in future.

- Crazy Mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment