Friday, March 30, 2012

The Biker Within...

My passion with bikes started with my bicycle and my Dad’s Bajaj Chetak. I always wanted to learn how to ride, but was told I wasn’t old enough. My best friend used to stand in front of his father and controlled handle and throttle. I wasn’t allowed to do the same. This passion began as a competition with friends and as I grew up, took entirely different meaning…

For me, initially, being a biker was something poser kind of thing – big bikes, jackets, flashy helmets etc. That was when I was in school. As I reached college, got my own bike, everything changed. My bike became my love. Then I joined a biking club, got in touch with real bikers, learned the respect and value of being a biker.

I have now learned the difference between a commuter and a biker. Being a biker doesn’t mean only riding for long or having big n flashy bikes n accessories. It means being one with the machine, like a body and soul. It means being human and respecting human values. Everyone else is merely a commuter who rides bikes. For long I have been a commuter and now slowly moving towards being a biker myself.

My bike is not just a machine for me. It has helped me in worst and best of my times. It has been there when I was sad and wanted to unwind. It was there when I was happy and wanted to celebrate. It was there when I just wanted to have a peace of mind and go away from civilization. It was there for me every day, every moment. None of my human friends have been with me so long as it was there. My bike and biking, to me, are integral part of my life. It means freedom to me. It means a gate way to my inner self. Whatever position I am in future, whichever car I drive, when it’ll come to find my own self, it is just my bike and road.

- Crazy Mind...

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, Biking is more about a Religion, about Living and not just another hobby!
    Would have really loved if you could have wrote a little more about your passion...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks punit for your response... what i wrote was spontaneous.. i didnt write it coz i wanted to.. i wrote it coz i just started to... and passion, to me, is a feeling... i just cant explain enough... last para indicates what it means to me... i am not an oil junkie... but i sure am a petrohead... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you'll graduate from petrohead to oil-junkie ;)
    nice post

    ReplyDelete