Monday, May 07, 2012

The Dance of Democracy

I am finally writing after a long time, a bit disturbed by whatever is going on in my beloved Nation. We say it is a democracy. Of course it is. Or is it???

I'll start with WB, where the rule changed after 34 years (correct me if the duration is wrong). And Mamta Didi came into power. It was a welcome move for many. But what followed was simply a murder of democracy. Ban on newspapers, TV channels, dictating public on what to see or listen, these are some point that reminded me of tyranny.

Then there is, probably most important, demilitarization of Siachen. I don't know why but our honourable(?) government is not ready to listen to expert advice and still want to go ahead with it. It is not Pak I am worried about, I am worried about China more. Siachen has a great strategic importance. If that is lost to China or Pak, and if there is a war, we will be at lost. But no, somebody want to get a Nobel Peace Prize it seems.

Ah..how could I forget, our son-in-laws, Kasab and Afzal Guru? I dont know why I am paying taxes to feed them. There is enough evidence already. Hang them for God's sake (whosoever you follow). But no,if you hang them, it will hurt some specific community and you will lose your vote bank. So, I guess I shall finally accept that justice is not going to be delivered to those who were killed. Right? Bloody  Democracy.

Let me recall what we are having here in India:
  1. Media: Sold.
  2. Social Media: about to be "regulated".
  3. Army: almost out of ammunitions.
  4. COAS: already under conspiracies.
  5. Next COAS: PM's Wife's relative.
  6. President: 255Cr on tours and travels, Brother a murderer, was about to acquire land meant for soldiers.
  7. PM: Mute.
  8. FM: statistics on paper. reality horrible.
  9. HM: himself and son into trouble already.
  10. Leader of Govt (Actual): Never faces public, nor her son or daughter.
  11. Opposition: Seems like a midget in front of Ruling Govt, though has a lot of potential.
  12. If you work for PEOPLE: you are an RSS agent.
  13. If you work for government (Cook for example): You can be the next President.
  14. Voters: Vote for a Bottle of wine and few rupees.
  15. Parliament: Runs hardly for 25% of alotted time. MPs still paid in full.
  16. Scams: well if i start listing them, i'd go mad. also you all know what all are there
....the list will go on... and we call this a DEMOCRACY!!! WOW!!!


P.S. I just hope not to be arrested for this piece.. ;)
-Crazy mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment