Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Money, Money, Money...

Remember I told you about a boy which I overheard while traveling in Metro??? As I said, there was more to his talk than what I discussed before. Here is the part that I want to discuss today.
“... My dad used to say this,I never understood it at that time, now I have learnt it, Money is not everything, relations are... in past few months I have seen very bad times, but it's my relatives, even those with whom we had some disagreement, that stood by me in such times, not even my so called friends are here now... I some times recall Rafi Sahab's song 'sukh ke sab saathi, dukh mein na koi..' ”

I don't know what he has faced, and I don't want to share his fate. But this conversation taught me a big lesson. Every family has some disagreements, quarrels between relatives, even my family has, but it's them who will always be there when you need. None of your friends will come to your rescue (at least in most of the cases these days and that too is dependent on the gravity of the problem you are facing). Another thing that I liked was the fact that he realized the 'real' value of money and I am glad he learned it at an age so young. I am not saying that you should become a 'sanyaasi' and leave the earthly pleasures of this world. My only focus is to be content with whatever you have and not to be broken down if you lose it. This guy was a fortunate one that even in times of crisis he has his family with him and I would love the same, if, in future, I face any serious problems.

My question to you... what would you prefer?? money or family?? (not in times of crisis, just in general...)

P.S. - I am listening to the song “sabse bada rupaiyaa” from the movie bluffmaster... thinking and laughing... :P

- Crazy Mind...

2 comments:

  1. i will opt for money for me and my family. ;)

    the smart man's choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly...But one should never let money destroy or even make relations...or else when it is gone..there is no one to help you out...

    ReplyDelete