Monday, August 15, 2011

Science and Religion...

In my previous post I discussed about my thoughts regarding 'search' and 'research'. I will now continue the discussion with a new taste...



Always there has been a debate whether there is some entity called 'God' or 'Supreme Being'. Common masses say there are (or is, if you prefer), but scientists want some tangible evidence. Hell yes, even I want some evidence. But you know what, I am an Indian and a Hindu by religion, and being born in a God loving, God fearing family as well as country, scenario is a little different around me. All my family, friends, and even enemies are believers in God, may be more, may be less. Where ever I talk about God, I ask proof of His existence, I am told to see this beautiful world (no offense meant to the people who are determined to destroy it :p ), to witness the people talking about miracles in their daily lives. Well..... fine... I agree,, I have seen this world and heard so many miracles happening...but where is the proof??? I am told that all I need to do is to believe. Talking from science point of view doesn't answer my questions.... So my dear scientific community, where are you?? Till now you have never answered to this question and so far I have observed that you haven't even tried.... Great going guys...

Some time back I learned about 'ancient alien theorists' who tried to answer this question of who or what is God. They believe that they are some sort of aliens from other worlds who came to earth (I will discuss this some time later in some other post, now will come to the point). But even those people fail to explain certain phenomena related to Gods.Let me discuss two of them (most important according to me as I have observed them to be common in many religions):

Prayer : Most prominent of all the religious practices. It is said to have untold capacity to do miracles, starting from healing ailments to business profits. Be it in any form, religion or language, people say it works... Great...

Offerings : Offerings range from cereals to sweets to humans... different beliefs, different offerings. It is said to please the Gods or offered in return of their 'blessings'.

Now let us take a look from the vantage point of only known theory for God, the 'ancient alien concept'. Well they do explain that may be we worship those beings who came from other planets and gave us our knowledge, but what about the miracles which are said to have occurred in recent times??? Well, people may say that all these prayers, offerings have mere psychological effects (I have talked to many people regarding these), but I am not totally convinced.

Things like luck / fate / destiny may or may not exist for real or even offering things may seem absurd to some, but again, I live in India. Even the biggest scientists have faith in God. Before beginning any new projects, they perform a Holy ceremony. I have been told that going to temples / churches / mosques etc. is an entirely different issue, but what is of utmost importance is 'faith'.

Well my dear scientists, I know science can answer every phenomena,, but for me, mere psychology aint working... :P

-Crazy Mind

2 comments:

  1. Hello Adarsh,
    Interesting. More of an appeal than a mindset. There are questions along with a very typically programmed thinking. Read my blog and may be you may get some answers and actually see a crazy mind.
    Quite luckily i just posted on a similar topic. Not exactly the answer, but something different. Very soon I am also going to do a post named "Of Scientists and Saints". You are the first one to know this. Do check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @truth Chariot..sure..and yes it is kind of appeal..

    ReplyDelete